In the era of immediate, fast is not only a word but a necessity. Business it is not only about reaching the market but who is reaching it faster. In the era of global connectivity, the importance of performance is increasing impacting directly in how the user interacts with your site.
The Performance Testing Foundations course presents an overview of performance software testing from development to deployment. It introduces participants to the high-level concepts of load testing: modelling, terminology, testing cycle, test phases and types, acceptance criteria and key performance indicators, performance test planning, execution, analysing results and testing tools.
This is a practical course that prepares you to be able to work with all performance approaches from infrastructure to user interaction and apply what you learn to your day-to-day testing activities.
1) Understand the importance of running performance tests from the user perspective using Web Page Test. Learn how to convince stakeholders of the importance of performance testing.
2) Become familiar with performance testing concepts like load testing, soak testing, metrics, resources.
3) Gain a solid grounding in performance testing with one of the most common tools like JMeter.
4) Understand what it really means to be a performance tester working with or as part of a development team and becoming prepared for the role.
5) For novice testers, you will become enabled to move onto a new level of expertise and become a professional performance tester.
6) For experienced testers who already carry out performance tests, you will learn how to get performance activities within continuous deployment cycles.
7) Learn about the available testing tools geared towards performance testing. Become familiar with tools and integrate them within your testing frameworks as BDD using multi-mechanised or locust swarm.
8) Learn which test metrics are important and the degree of reporting required for performance test projects.
9) Understand what performance testing really is and appreciate the importance of such testing in modern projects.
The course is geared towards Programmers, Testers, Business Analyst, Designers, Managers, other roles eager to know more about performance testing.
The Foundations of Performance Testing course is a one-day course from 09:30h to 18:00h and costs 350 Euros.
This course will be given in Spanish (but can also be given in English as an in-company course) and participants will be given a copy of the course materials to use during the course and to take away, and will also be awarded with an oficial nexo QA certificate of attendance upon completing the course.
No prior experience is necesary to participate in this course but we recommend that participants have some knowledge about software testing.
The next up and coming course is scheduled for the 18th of October in Madrid and the 12th of October in Barcelona.
*Registration will be open within the coming days*